Lloyd - FT1 Friction Tester
The FT1 friction tester is a perfect choice to easily measure static and kinetic coefficients of friction.
The FT1 is a bench mounted dedicated friction tester. A friction table is mounted directly on the machine and the friction tester comes with a full set of accessories for performance of friction tests conforming to the requirements of ASTM D1894, ISO 8295 and TAPPI T549.
The FT1 friction tester includes these standards as user configurable tests with an additional seven tests available for user custom configuration. The console has a user interface dedicated to performing friction tests, and calculating static coefficient of friction, kinetic coefficient of friction, peak, and average load.
The machine is a fully self-contained instrument, however an USB is provided to allow computer control using the NEXYGENPlus data analysis software if required.
The friction tester has a large working area. The speed accuracy is +/-0.2% of selected speed from 2% to 100 of max. speed.
Key features of the FT1 Friction Tester
- High mechanical stiffness
- Wide speed range 0.01-2032mm/min
- High load accuracy 0.5% down to 1% of loadcell value
- More machine control options
- Improved, intuitive user-configurable test functionality (NEXYGENPlus software)
- Modular, flexible configuration with grips, fixtures, loadcells, extensometers and other accessories available
- Simple to set up, operate and maintain
- Load measuring system exceeds the requirements of all recognized international standards
- Large working area - 180 mm (7 in) throat for testing large specimens
- Standard crosshead travel 500 mm (19.7 in)
- Even greater crosshead travel with extended machine versions with travel up to 800 mm (31.5 in) available
- Unique 'Pogo' design machines allows testing of very large samples in test frames fitted below the machine base with the added benefit of optional elevated and low temperature testing capability
- Data sampling rate 8 kHz
- Saves up to 600 test results*
- 10 programable test set-ups*
- High-resolution backlit LCD display with intuitive operator interface*
- Multilingual and multi-unit display options*
- Flash memory ugradeable
- Full PC integration with NEXYGENPlus material test and data analysis software
The FT1 Friction Tester System contain
- FT1 friction tester machine
- Jig, probe or fixture that matches your specific need
- Optional NEXYGENPlus software with an extensive library of pre-defined test set-ups based on international standards