Advanced Motorized Torque Test Stand
Series TSTM-DC advanced motorized torque test stands are designed for a wide variety of applications, including closure torque testing, fastener torque testing, and more. Two torque capacities are available, 100 lbFin (11.5 Nm) and 200 lbFin (22 Nm).
The stands include a torque loading plate with tapped holes for grip and fixture mounting. Stepper motor design eliminates speed variation with load. A lever-operated slider with travel stops makes engaging and disengaging samples quick and efficient. A modular mechanical design allows the stand to be configured for a variety of applications.
The controller features an integrated angle display and output, programmable angle travel limits, PC control capability, programmable cycling, auto return, overload protection, password protection, and more.
Standard: 100 lbFin [11.5 Nm]
Optional: 200 lbFin [22.0 Nm]
Standard: 0.01 – 15 RPM [0.05 – 90°/s]
Optional: 0.04 – 60 RPM [0.2 – 360°/s] *
±0.2% of setting, ±0% variation with load
- Digital display of angle
- Programmable angle limits
- Rotational travel accuracy: ±0.7° / 0.02 rev.
- Rotational travel repeatability: 0.1° / 0.01 rev.
- Rotational travel resolution: 0.1° / 0.01 rev.
- Throat: 4.10″ [104 mm]
- Manual adjustment: 12° / adjustment knob rev
- Angle dial with 2° resolution
- Maximum slider travel: 15.5″ [394 mm]
- Slider travel rate: 1.047″ [26.6 mm] / lever rev
- Universal power supply: 80-250 VAC
- CE mark
An RS-232 port is provided to interface with a PC. A command set is provided to allow for full control from a PC.
The following are required with PC control:
– Model 7i or 5i force/torque indicator (more info)
– 09-1162 multi-function cable (see below)
– 09-1056 serial cable (see below)
Digital Angle Indication
Rotational travel is indicated in degrees or revolutions, with RS-232 output of angle data.
Programmable Angle Limits
The TSTM-DC can stop at or cycle between programmable upper and lower angle limits. Programmable in degrees or revolutions.
Protects the torque sensor against overload (requires a Model 7i or 5i force/torque indicator and 09-1162 multi-function cable). The user programs the desired percentage of full scale of the sensor.
The torque table rotates to an angle limit or torque set point (requires a Model 7i or 5i force/torque indicator and 09-1162 cable), stops, and reverses direction at full speed to the other angle limit or torque set point.
Cycling / Dwell Time
Same as auto-return, but with the ability to program up to 100,000 cycles. Programmable dwell time for upper and lower limits (set independently) can be set up for up to 10,000 seconds. Independent CW and CCW speeds may be programmed.
Programmable Button Functions
Programmable CW and CCW button functions – momentary motion, maintained motion, or auto.
Independent CW and CCW Speeds
Configurable speeds for CW and CCW directions
- Selectable speed units of measurement (RPM and °/s)
Prevents unauthorized changes to controller settings.
* Maximum torque is 100 lbFin [11.5 Nm] until 15 RPM, then decreases proportionately with speed, as follows:
– Maximum torque at 30 RPM = 50 lbFin [5.6 Nm]
– Maximum torque at 60 RPM = 25 lbFin [2.8 Nm]